1946 is a year in the 20th century.
- In Alamogordo, New Mexico, Bing Ellinson disguises himself as a state trooper and arrests a doctor before he could tell anyone about Atomic Secrets
- In Albuquerque, New Mexico, Bing Ellinson meets with his superior at an FBI Field Office to discuss his assignment. Ellinson's superior, mad about Ellinson's brash actions, insults Ellinson which causes him to break his superiors nose.
- In Washington D.C, America, Millie Ohio receives a letter from Dorothy Sears at the FBI Headquarters, Department of Justice Building. She brings it to her superiors on the account of being a clear lead in a string of murders, and she also says that they need her connection. Her superior discusses this with Director, J. Edgar Hoover and they come to the conclusion that they need to investigate this, Millie Ohio is promoted to the rank, Special Employee, and partnered with Bing Ellinson.
- In Long Island, New York, Millie Ohio and Bing Ellinson Locate Dorothy Sears house but see Mr. Xero looking through her window, which they mistake as a peeping tom. Ellinson chases him but he gets away. Inside they meet Dorothy Sears who explains that it was actually Mr. Xero who was looking through her window and that they are actually friends.
- December 25: Frank Black's mother Linda Black dies. (MM: "Midnight of the Century")
- The Browning police corner a creature in Glacier National Park believed to be responsible for a series of 7 murders during World War II. They shot the creature, which turned out to be Richard Watkins possessed by a manitou. The case was investigated by the FBI, but when unexplainable events occurred, the FBI Director, J. Edgar Hoover, declared the case "unsolved," later to be classified as an X-File. (TXF: "Shapes")