1970 is a year in the 20th century.
- January: Alfred Fellig sends out his first yearly renewal form to the New York City Police Department to retain his position as a crime scene photographer. (TXF: "Tithonus")
- January 27: Charles Wesley Gotts stabs the future mother of Marty Glenn in the right kidney, while she was pregnant. This causes the death of Marty's mother and the blindness of Marty. Sometime afterwards, Gotts is convicted of aggravated assault on an unrelated charge. (TXF: "Mind's Eye")
- April 4: Parasychologist Dr. John Rietz does a videotaped session with Anthony Fogelman, after recent assumed poltergeist activity in Van Nuys, California. After six months of investigating, Dr. Reits discovers that Fogelman is a psychokinetic. (TXF: "Sunshine Days")
- Henry Willig does a tour with the US Marine Corps in the Vietnam War. (TXF: "Sleepless")
- The Chevrolet car company releases a model of the Impala in green with a black top. (TXF: "Orison")
- USMC soldier David Haskell dies and is buried in a Virginia cemetery, according to military records. (TXF: "Per Manum")