Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
1977 is a year in the 20th century.
- August: Dr. Jerry Ehman of Ohio State University picks up a signal from deep space thirty times stronger than background noise. He believes it to be extraterrestrials and writes "wow" in the margins of the information sheets he gains. It was never determined what caused the "wow signal." (TXF: "Little Green Men")
- August 20: Voyager 1 is launched from the Kennedy Space Flight Center in Florida. (TXF: "Little Green Men")
- September 5: Voyager 2 is launched from the Kennedy Space Flight Center in Florida. Like its predecessor, it contains messages from the people of Earth in the hopes that it would be picked up by intelligent extraterrestrials. (TXF: "Little Green Men")
- The Viking orbiter reaches the orbit of Mars and sends back photographic transmissions to NASA, including an image of a rock formation that looks like a human face. The Viking Orbiter Project Director, Lieutenant Colonel Marcus Aurelius Belt assures the press that it is nothing more than a trick of light and shadows. (TXF: "Space")
- Henry Flanken has a net worth of $36,000. Within the next year or so, he comes into contact with a powerful jinniyah, later known as "Jenn." (TXF: "Je Souhaite")
- A young John Doggett enlists in the US Marine Corps and soon after joins the 24th Marine Amphibious Unit. (TXF: "Within")