|Written by:||Howard Gordon|
|Directed by:||Rob Bowman|
After several murders occur within a Haitian refugee camp, Mulder and Scully are caught in the middle of a secret battle involving a Voodoo priest and the camp commander.
A US Marine sits at breakfast with his wife, looking irritated and frightened. When his wife asks what's wrong, he says nothing, but when he looks down at his cereal he finds his bowl is full of maggots. He runs from the house to his car and speeds away. In the car, he looks into his rear view mirror and sees his face is decomposing. In his fear, he doesn't see a tree in his path.
- Near the end of the episode, when Colonel Wharton is in the cemetery he speaks an incantation in Creole (Haitian dialect of French). There are no subtitles, but it can be translated as, "To the Saints, To the moon, To the stars".
- The symbol painted on the tree and on the conch shell is a "vévé," a sign belonging to the spirits honored in voodoo.
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Steven Williams as X
- Kevin Conway as Private Jack McAlpin
- Katya Gardener as Robin McAlpin
- Roger R. Cross as Private Kittell
- Peter Kelamis as Lieutenant Foyle
- Adrien Malebranche as Skinny Man
- Bruce A. Young as Pierre Bauvais
- Daniel Benzali as Colonel Jacob Wharton
- Jamil Walker Smith as Chester Bonaparte
- Callum Keith Rennie as Groundskeeper
- Matt Hill as Private Harry Dunham
Haiti; Folkstone; North Carolina; County Road 10; Marines; suicide; voodoo; maggots; Folkstone INS Processing Center; conch; sandbox; cemetery; morgue; brig; zombies; psychiatric infirmary; frogs; statue of liberty
|The X-Files • Season 2|
| Previous episode:|
Die Hand Die Verletzt
| Next episode:|