- From the book jacket
- Gehenna Rising
- Criminal profiler Frank Black believed the face of evil was a human face—until the investigation of grisly murders in San Francisco introduces him to a world where evil may be an entity of greater power than he ever imagined.
- The discovery of several pounds of human ashes — the remains of murder victims burned alive — leads Frank and the Millennium Group to uncover a cult awaiting Armageddon. Frank's search for the cult leader brings him face-to-face with a man whose power is so baffling, whose influence is so pervasive, that he tests Frank's understanding of the nature of evil.
- Based on the apocalyptic new television show, these premiere Millennium novelizations capture the vision and excitement of the show from the creator of The X-Files, Chris Carter.
- Excerpts of copyrighted sources are included for review purposes only, without any intention of infringement.
Background Check Edit
- This book includes the prologue and first four chapters of what was planned to be the next book in the series, a novelization of MM: "Weeds". Since the cancellation of the Millennium novelization series resulted in that third installment being published exclusively in Germany, these chapters remain the only English-version, publicly-released portion of the book.