Picking up after the last event series’ cliffhanger, Mulder and Scully learn that they aren’t the only ones desperately searching for their long-lost son, William. The very fate of the world may depend on it.
Scully wakes up in the hospital after having a seizure, now realizing the events of My Struggle II were a vision and haven't actually happened yet. She warns Mulder about the coming future and asks him to find and stop the Cigarette Smoking Man's plans.
|Note: This section is a stub. You can help X-Files Wiki by expanding it.|
When Spender is attacked, the door he closes has the number 209 on it, the number of the episode itself.
Features flashback from fifteenth episode of the seventh season "En Ami".
- An episode delving into the history and backstory of the Smoking Man has been done before, though it was in the Season 4 episode "Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man".
- The episode will explore the Cigarette Smoking Man's backstory and apparent family ties to Fox Mulder.
- This episode marks the first appearance of Jeffery Spender since The Truth.
- This episode gives the official name of the Smoking Man, revealing it to be Carl Gearhart Bush. His initials C.G.B. where originally given back in the season 6 episode "Two Fathers", although was unknown at the time whether or not it was one of his many aliases.
- Although it is supposed to take place in early 2016 (immediately after "My Struggle II"), the Smoking Man's opening monologue shows Donald Trump's inauguration as President of the United States, which occurred in January 2017.
- The Cigarette Smoking Man can be seen digitally inserted behind several historical figures during his opening narration. Including Presidents Ronald Reagan, George HW Bush and George W. Bush; illustrating his long history of influence over the United States Government.
- It is revealed, that all the actions of the Cigarette Smoking Man during the previous seasons within the Syndicate, were just a smokescreen and that he was deceiving them all along in order to ruin the Project so that the aliens won't colonize the earth.Instead, he plans to depopulate the Earth through the Spartan Virus and wipe out almost the entire human race excpet from some few chosen people-Scully and William among them.
My name is Carl Gerhard Busch. But I've been known by many aliases during my long career with the U.S. government. It's been a humbling job, though I'm hardly known as a humble man.
I've been a witness to history, much of it violent, much of it an abomination of the values Americans hold dear. I've had a privileged seat at the centers of power, held the reins of that power, making sacrifices few are capable of, of which even fewer are willing. If people knew the truth, they'd riot in the streets.
Too much is made of the will to power, as if our will is free, our choices our own. Our destinies are forged in our bones, made real by a raging impulse to self-destruct. I'm not a bad man, more a practical man.
- Cigarette Smoking Man's opening voiceover detailing his history and life.
The truth still lies in the X-Files, Mulder.
- Scully to Mulder.
- David Duchovny as Special Agent Fox Mulder
- Gillian Anderson as Special Agent Dana Scully
- Mitch Pileggi as Assistant Director Walter Skinner
- William B. Davis as the Cigarette Smoking Man
- Annabeth Gish as Monica Reyes
- Lauren Ambrose as Liz Einstein
- Robbie Amell as Kyd Miller
- Barbara Hershey as Erika Price
- Chris Owens as Jeffrey Spender
- Anjali Jay as Dr. Joyet
- AC Peterson as Mr. Y
- Arggy Jenati as Female Paramedic
- Harry Han as Male Paramedic
- Naiah Cummins as Nurse
- Sandy Da Costa as Alien
- Fiona Vroom as Young Cassandra
- Jett Klyne as Young Spender
- Jeremy Schuetze as Young Cigarette Smoking Man
- Alexandre Campion as Young Mr. Y
- Ercia Govier as Young Erika
External Links Edit