|Published:||December 9, 1998|
Resist or Serve: The Official Guide to The X-Files is a reference book published by HarperPrism that provides an extensive episode guide to Season 5 of The X-Files.
First published in December 1998, the book was the fourth volume in a series of reference books; each volume had summaries and production information for the episodes of each season, up to and including Season 7, with the exception of the first volume, The Truth Is Out There: The Official Guide to The X-Files, which pertained to both Seasons 1 and 2.
From the book jacket
For five seasons, The X-Files has captivated viewerd with its fascinating storylines, visual crativity, and superb characterizations. Now fans of the acclaimed dramatic series created by Chris Carter and starring David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson can find our all the behind-the-scenes details of the show's fifth season with this comprehensive and authoritative episode guide that includes:
- Over 250 photographs -- including eight pages of full-color photos -- of Mulder, Scully, and the most evocative images from every episode
- Richly detailed synopses for every show -- including dialogue, action sequences, and the most suspenseful plot twists
- Exclusive interviews with the cast and crew including Chris Carter, Gillian Anderson, Frank Spotnitz, Vince Gilligan, Mark Snow, as well as X-Files guest stars and writers
- The lowdoen on special effects, wardrobe, location shooting, and post production
- Plus, the most up-to-date information on the intricate new levels of conspiracy and deception which were revealed in the fifth season and culminated in the first X-files feature film