In Christianity, Satan is the devil and the ultimate incarnation of evil and the antithesis to God and His son, Jesus Christ. He has significant ties to witchcraft and demons. Many passages of the Bible refer to Satan and explain how he was originally Lucifer, a powerful cherub created by God. His pride led him to desire a throne above God's (see Ezekiel 28:11-19 and Isaiah 14:12-15). He led a third of the angels to follow him in his rebellion (see book of Revelation 12:3,4). These fallen angels cast out of Heaven by God became Satan and the demons. Satan always seeks to destroy and cause harm (see John 10:10) but disguises as an angel of light (see 2 Corinthians 11:14); he is a murderer and the father of lies (see John 8:44).
- In Milford Haven, New Hampshire whilst in the guise of Phyllis Paddock. (TXF: "Die Hand Die Verletzt")
- In Virginia whilst in the guise of Aaron Starkey. (TXF: "All Souls")
- In Blessing, Tennessee whilst under the guise of Samuel Mackey. (TXF: "Signs and Wonders")
Satan may have had several minions working on his behalf (with or without their knowledge) that were also encountered by Mulder and Scully. Possible suspects include:
- Jack Franklyn (TXF: "Sanguinarium")
- Mauriceand Lyda (TXF: "How the Ghosts Stole Christmas")
- Wayne Weinsider (TXF: "Terms of Endearment")
- Betsy Monroe (TXF: "Terms of Endearment")
- Ellen Adderly (TXF: "Chimera")
- Donald Pfaster is a demon and is most likely a minion of Satan.
John Doggett may have encountered a form of Satan whilst in Utah investigating the disappearance of Scully. (TXF: "Roadrunners") It can also be assumed that Frank Black, Catherine Black and Peter Watts encountered minions of Satan on a regular basis. (MM)