The Eleventh Season (also known as Event Series 2) is the latest incarnation of The X-Files.
The season will consist of two mythology episodes (in both season premiere and finale respectively) and an additional eight episodes of monster-of-the-week episodes in-between.
The season will begin airing in the United States during the 2017-18 season. David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson will reprise their roles as FBI Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully, respectively. Creator Chris Carter will also return to write and executive produce. Filming began in August 2017, with an air-date estimated later in the year or early 2018. As well as William B. Davis returning as the villainous Cigarette Smoking Man, Veronica Cartwright will be reprising her role as the Smoking Man's ex-wife Cassandra Spender for the first time since the sixth season. Karin Konoval (who played Mrs. Peacock in the controversial season 4 episode "Home") will return to the series in multiple roles. The Lone Gunmen will appear in some capacity, with Dean Haglund confirmed to be returning as Richard Langly.
The writing staff for the eleventh season consists of Chris Carter, Glen Morgan, Darin Morgan, James Wong, and newcomers who were all previously part of The X-Files production staff, Gabe Rotter (writers assistant), Benjamin Van Allen (writers assistant) and Brad Follmer (Carter's personal assistant). After controversy sparked regarding the lack of female writers or directors on the series, it was announced in August 2017 that Carol Banker, a script supervisor on the original series who also directed an episode of The Lone Gunmen, and Holly Dale were added as directors.
The all-new, 10-episode second installment of THE X-FILES (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) event series once again will be executive-produced by creator Chris Carter, with stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson returning in their roles as iconic FBI Agents FOX MULDER and DANA SCULLY. Mitch Pileggi also returns as FBI Asst. Director WALTER SKINNER. Additionally, the all-new episodes will feature guest-star appearances by Annabeth Gish, Robbie Amell, Lauren Ambrose, Karin Konoval, Barbara Hershey, Haley Joel Osment and William B. Davis, who reprises his role as "Cigarette Smoking Man." In 2016, THE X-FILES drew an average multi-platform audience of nearly 16 million viewers and was the season's No. 2 broadcast drama, as well as the most talked-about event series on Twitter. Along with Carter, series veteran Glen Morgan serves as an executive producer.
THE X-FILES originally premiered in September 1993. Over the course of its nine-season run, the influential series went from breakout sci-fi favorite to massive global hit, and became one of the most successful television dramas of all time. The show, which earned 16 Emmy Awards, five Golden Globes and a Peabody Award, follows FBI special agents Scully and Mulder, as they investigate unexplained cases – “X-Files” – for which the only answers involve paranormal phenomena. THE X-FILES is a production of 20th Century Fox Television in association with Ten Thirteen Productions. Chris Carter is the creator and executive producer of the series. Glen Morgan also serves as an executive producer.
|No.||Episode Name / Summary|
|2AYW01||"My Struggle III"|
|2AYW04||"The Lost Art of Forehead Sweat "|
|2AYW07||"They Know Everything"|
|2AYW09||"Nothing Lasts Forever"|
|2AYW10||"My Struggle IV"|
- David Duchovny as Fox Mulder (10/10 episodes)
- Gillian Anderson as Dana Scully (10/10 episodes)
- Mitch Pileggi as Walter Skinner (6/10 episodes)
- Barbara Hershey as Erika Price (3/10 episodes)
- William B. Davis as Cigarette Smoking Man (3/10 episodes)
- Annabeth Gish as Monica Reyes (2/10 episodes)
- Chris Owens as Jeffrey Spender (1/10 episodes)
- Lauren Ambrose as Liz Einstein (1/10 episodes)
- Robbie Amell as Kyd Miller (1/10 episodes)
- AC Peterson as Mr. Y (2/10 episodes)
- James Pickens, Jr. as Alvin Kersh (2/10 episodes)
- Miles Robbins as Jackson Van De Kamp/William Mulder (2/10 episodes)
- Dean Haglund as Richard Langly (1/10 episodes)
- Jeremy Schuetze as Young Cigarette Smoking Man (1/10 episodes)
- Karin Konoval as Little Judy Poundstone and Little Chucky Poundstone (1/10 episodes)
- Despite best efforts by producers, Robert Patrick was unable to make an appearance.
- This is the first season which does not show Skinner's office. This season also has the least shots of The X - Files office.
- ↑ 
- ↑ http://ew.com/tv/2017/04/20/x-files-fox-season-11/
- ↑ http://deadline.com/2017/04/x-files-returns-event-series-fox-1202073290/
- ↑ .http://www.theprovince.com/news/local+news/david+duchovny+files+return+vancouver+11th+season/14033974/story.html
- ↑ http://www.etonline.com/tv/215723_the_x_files_back_for_new_season/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/blmaden/status/894274495124471809
- ↑ http://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2018/01/01/x-files-season-11-gillian-anderson-confirms-exit/
- ↑ http://tvline.com/2018/02/06/the-x-files-season-12-continue-without-gillian-anderson-chris-carter/
- ↑ http://www.goldderby.com/article/2018/the-x-files-robert-patrick-john-doggett-season-11-news/