The Tenth Season (also known as Event Series) of The X-Files aired in the United States on 24 January 2016, concluding on February 22, 2016, and consisting of six episodes. Gillian Anderson, David Duchovny, and Mitch Pileggi reprise their iconic roles as members of the FBI investigating paranormal cases just like they used to do.
The first episode was given a world premiere in Cannes on 6 October 2015 at MIPCOM (Marché International des Programmes de Communication).
Scully and Mulder have been apart awhile, neither working for the FBI in their separate lives until a conspiracy theorist reporter contacts them to meet an alien abductee. Skinner calls them back to investigate that and more paranormal cases which help to bring the duo to a renewed partnership. Mulder and Scully miss their son William, and struggle with their decision to keep him in hiding in order to protect him.
|!||This article is a stub and is incomplete. You can help the X-Files Wiki by expanding it.|
|No.||Episode Name / Summary|
At the behest of Assistant Director Skinner, Mulder and Scully reunite in Washington, D.C., where they rendezvous with extremist online webcaster named Tad O'Malley. The clandestine meeting leads to a young woman named Sveta, who claims to have memories of having her fetuses stolen from her during alien abductions.
With the X-Files now re-opened, Mulder and Scully are assigned to investigate the mysterious suicide death of a geneticist. Their search leads them to a research facility where extreme genetic experimentation has bred subjects possessing strange powers.
|1AYW03||"Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-Monster"
Mulder and Scully are dispatched to Oregon where a dead body is found in the woods with its throat ripped open. Was it an animal attack?, a serial killer?, or a strange lizard thingy as described by eyewitnesses?
Scully returns home to cope with a personal tragedy leaving Mulder to solve a murder that doesn't seem to have been committed by human hands.
When an art gallery that's showing potentially offensive artwork is bombed, Mulder and Scully seek some way to communicate with the comatose bomber in order to prevent a future attack. Scully seeks answers from neuroscience and Mulder from mysticism.
|1AYW06||"My Struggle II"
The investigations that Mulder and Scully previously began with conspiracy theorist Tad O’Malley have awakened powerful enemies. A widespread panic begins as people all over the country suddenly start falling gravely ill, and Scully must look within to try and find a cure. Meanwhile, Mulder confronts the man whom he believes to be behind it all, but another figure from Mulder and Scully’s past may prove to be the key to their salvation.
- David Duchovny as Special Agent Fox Mulder (6/6 episodes)
- Gillian Anderson as Special Agent Dana Scully (6/6 episodes)
- Mitch Pileggi as Assistant Director Walter Skinner (4/6 episodes)
- William B. Davis as Cigarette Smoking Man (3/6 episodes)
- Joel McHale as Tad O'Malley (2/6 episodes)
- Robbie Amell as Agent Miller (2/6 episodes)
- Lauren Ambrose as Agent Einstein (2/6 episodes)
- Annet Mahendru as Sveta (1/6 episodes)
- Tom Braidwood as Melvin Frohike (1/6 episodes)
- Bruce Harwood as John Fitzgerald Byers (1/6 episodes)
- Dean Haglund as Richard Langly (1/6 episodes)
- Annabeth Gish as Monica Reyes (1/6 episodes)
- Sheila Larken as Margaret Scully (1/6 episodes)
- This is the first season since season 7 where Fox Mulder appears in every episode.
- It is the first season since season 7 to not feature John Doggett.
- This season aired nearly 14 years since the original series finale aired in 2002.
- It is 14 years since the events of the Truth from 2002, and eight years since the last time we saw Mulder and Scully in I Want to Believe from 2008.
- This is the first season that Mulder and Scully have both worked together on the X-Files unit officially since the end of season 7.