Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Truth Is Out There: The Official Guide to The X-Files is a reference book written by Brian Lowry and published by HarperPrism. This publication, first printed in 1995, is illustrated with black-and-white images and is mostly about the first and second seasons of The X-Files television series.
- From the book jacket
- Don't hide from the truth – you'll find it in here
- For inside information on TV's hottest show, turn to this unique compendium of The X-Files facts and figures. Everything you must know is in here, including:
- A complete and detailed episode guide
- Scores of never-before-seen photos
- A look behind the scenes and on the set
- Fascinating stories that trace the show's origin, including interviews with creator Chris Carter, David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson – everyone in front of and behind the camera that brings The X-Files to life
- Biographies of cast and crew
- A detailed look at the extraordinary special effects, who creates them, and how they are done
- Character studies of Mulder and Scully – as well as detailed breakdowns of favorite villains and recurring characters
- Plus, intriguing trivia and sidebars of "Mulderisms" and "Scullyisms"
- Your passport to the unknown is here
- Excerpts of copyrighted sources are included for review purposes only, without any intention of infringement.
- conception and evolution
- behind the scenes
- making The X-Files
- Interviews with David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson, Mitch Pileggi, William B. Davis, Steven Williams, Tom Braidwood, Dean Haglund, Bruce Harwood, Nicholas Lea and Jerry Hardin
- the episodes
- An episode guide containing a synopsis, a citing of principal setting(s), summary and back story for each of the installments in the first two seasons, as well as for third season openers "The Blessing Way" and "Paper Clip". A map showing the principal settings cited for the first two seasons proceeds the two episode guides regarding each of those seasons.
- A guide to the viewer ratings in the first two seasons.
- awards and honors
- character dossiers
- Profiles of Special Agent Fox Mulder, Special Agent Dana Scully, Assistant Director Walter Skinner, the Cigarette Smoking Man, X, the Lone Gunmen, Agent Alex Krycek, Deep Throat, the Mulder family and the Scully family.
| Previous guide:|
|Reference works|| Next guide:|
Trust No One: The Official Third Season Guide to The X-Files