|This page containsCreative Commons Licensed from Several Wikis.|
This policy in a nutshell:
- All files must have a descriptive file name.
- All files must have a description.
Images that are uploaded to the X-Files Wiki should be in a format that provides clarity and ease of use, primarily through quick loading times. In addition, since images will be shared with X-Files wikis in other languages, clarity in file names and file information is necessary for non-English-speaking wikis so that they may be translated to their local language.
This page will describe the methods by which this will be achieved.
Full descriptions are also required.
File names Edit
File names on all wikis hosted by Wikia are case sensitive. Spaces and some punctuation marks are allowed in file names. As such, file names should be descriptive and use spaces and punctuation as appropriate. Capital letters should only be used with proper names or acronyms such as "Dana Scully" and "WOWP", but not with common words such as "new show".
Files shared with other wikis cannot be renamed. If the file is moved to a new name, then only the locally-translated information is moved, disconnecting it from the shared file.
The following table illustrates good and poor file names:
|Mulderdoor.jpg||Words are run together.|
|MulderDoor.JPG||The uppercase M helps mark the beginning of a new word, but is not as clear as it would be if there was a space in between the words. The .JPG suffix should also be in lower case (.jpg).|
|Mulder door.jpg||Easy to read, but does not describe what the picture is about.|
|ScullystandingAttheDoor.jpg||Harder to read, since it looks like "Scullystanding" is a single word, along with "Atthe".|
|MulderStandingAtTheDoor.jpg||Separating words with spaces is preferable to marking them with uppercase letters.|
|Img043.jpg||Does not describe what the picture is about.|
|Axsaswoei.jpg||Does not describe what the picture is about.|
|Mulder standing at the door.jpg||A good and descriptive file name that is easy to read.|
|We aren't going, are we?.jpg||Apostrophes, commas and question marks are supported and can be used as needed.|
If you violate the image policy, you will not be blocked, but you will receive a warning.
- If you violate the image policy once, you will be given a reminder about these policies.
- If you violate the image policy again continuesly, with the third file, you will receive a warning.
- If you still violate the image policy after, you will be blocked for 4 days.
- Please keep in mind that these rules also apply for administrators/chat mods/rollbacks. If one of those users with rights break the rules, they would not be demoted, but after the third rule break the user would be demoted.